And just like that our baby girl is 1. It’s been a year like no other and I am overwhelmed by the thought of already having spent 365 days with our Ava. It’s strange how, the more kids we have, the more appreciative I become of every second I get to spend with each of them. Of course there’s also just something extra special about a 1st birthday… So, why not celebrate it with a cake smash?
Unique in every way…
No 2 kids are ever alike, not even siblings and although Ava shares our big, doe-eyes, Eliana’s lack of baby hair and Lia’s chubby cheeks, she is totally different and completely unique, hence our cake smash theme…
Why celebrate alone?
Ava is fortunate to have a bestie, only 2 days older than she. Cute, little Andrew (and his parents; Celeste and Andre) are so special to us. We may have known each another for years but Celeste and I only truly bonded, becoming friends during our conception struggles and heartbreak. And now almost 2 years later, here we are, both with beautiful babes in arms. Celebrating our blessings together seemed fitting!
There are 100’s and 1000’s but no one like you.
Watching these two together always makes me happy. I love how soft spoken and friendly Andrew is while Ava never shies away from showing her cheeky, out-going personality – literally trying to “eat” Andrew.
Time for cake.
At 1st the cake called for careful investigation with Ava softly picking off the sprinkles to taste…Delicate investigation wasn’t good enough. So, a head first cake dive followed with haste!
This got Andrew interested as well…
So they ate cake! Ava devouring every piece while Andrew politely knew how much to take. Both enjoyed it, can you tell?
And when they were done…
…there was only crumbs left but boy was it FUN!
Happy birthday Ava (and Andrew)
May you stay confident in your uniqueness. Never giving into peer pressure, never drowning in self-doubt and never questioning the beauty and strength that lies within you.
God has created you for a purpose, one much bigger that even I can imagine. Always remember: There is no-one better to live your life, because there might be 100’s and 1000’s (babies turning 1) but no ONE like you.
Love you forever. Ma-Ma
Now lets do a giveaway!
Together with 8 of our favourite South African baby brands we are bringing you “Ava’s favourites from her 1st year”. We want to spoil one lucky new mama (or mama-to-be) and her little with some incredible prizes. Every single one sure to make your baby’s 1st year beautiful, memorable and fun!!
The items will be revealed over the course of the next 3 weeks and all will be added to one HUGE hamper. The total value of the prize being R5000!
Check out all the awesome prizes and gain EXTRA ENTRIES by clicking on the link below:
How to win?
- Only entries via Instagram and our blog will be considered.
- Instagram is in no way responsible or associated with this giveaway.
- You need to follow all the brands as mentioned on Instagram to qualify.
- Competition only open to South African residents residing in South Africa.
- Winner must be 18+ years old.
- Competition closes on the 28th of July 2018.
- The winner is picked at random and announced on the 30th of July 2018.
- This prize is not exchangeable or refundable.
- If we can not get hold of you within 48 hours a new winner will be picked. So be sure to
- The greatest care will be taken when mailing your prize but Just a Mamma and all the other brands involved do not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged goods.
PHOTO CREDIT | Celeste van der Berg from Celeste van der Berg Photography.