* This post is sponsored by Superbalist. Let's talk "boyfriend jeans". Marilyn Monroe wore them first back in the 1960s and showed us all how a traditionally masculine look could still be feminine and cutting edge. Now, decades later this style of hip-hugging, baggy...
Eco-friendly Home: The Spindel laundry dryer review
When I’m not putting in a load… I’m waiting for the washing to dry, so that I can find a spot of sun on the line. Add cloth diapers, a toddler fashionista with at least 3 outfit changes a day and a Grade 1 that is always running low on clean school clothes and I’m telling you, laundry day seems to NEVER end! So, of course I could not turn down the opportunity to test and the review the Spindel laundry dryer.
What is the Spindel Laundry Dryer?
Just the niftiest, little “green” laundry appliance we’ve come across and a dryer we don’t mind using. With it’s high speed spinning, the Spindel basically spins the excess moisture (which can be collected in a bowl and used elsewhere) and detergent from our washing. In only 3 minutes items are 80% dryer, needing only a quick turn on the washing line.
Best of all; NO HEAT is applied making the Spindel safe to use on ALL fabrics. Delicates, knits, all cloth nappies and more… No shrinking, no burning, no damage to elastic bits.
Technical features of the Spindel laundry dryer:
- Size: 64cm high x 38,5cm wide – it’s a tiny fellow compared to conventional dryers.
- Available in a 4,5kg and 6,5kg capacity
- 300 watts power consumption – The energy use of a typical dryer varies between 1800 and 5000 watts!
- 2800 rpm spin cycle – My head’s still spinning!
- Termo-protection keeps everyone safe, with the power automatically switching off if the motor overheats or if mom forgets to switch it off. (No worries, after 20 minutes you’ll be spinning again).
- An ACS locking systems ensures that the lid stays shut whilst the inner drum is in motion and the dryer will not start spinning if the lid is open.
- The Spindel also comes with a 12 month warranty that’s valid from the date of purchase.
Price and where to buy:
How to use the Spindel Laundry Dryer
- Load garments straight from the washing machine into the Spindel.
- Be sure to start with smaller, delicate items at the bottom, followed by larger, heavier items on top.
- As you load, keep pushing clothes down ensuring a compact, even distribution inside the drum.
- Fill the Spindel 3/4 full.
- Place a bowl or measuring cup under the water collection spout. (We’ve collected between 400 – 850ml of water during various drying cycles.)
- Now just turn on the switch and let Spindel “work” for 2 – 4 minutes while you enjoy a cup of tea (or put in the next load.)
- Once the drying cycle is complete your clothes will be almost dry, needing only a touch of sunshine / air.
* The Spindel does not have a timer. Drying time is dependant on the fabric type. You will know the Spindel is done when water stops flowing and dripping from the spout. NEVER let the Spindel run for longer than 5 minutes.
So, what did we think of the Spindel laundry dryer:
Over the past few weeks our Spindel has been a lifesaver on more than one occasion.
– Ava wears bamboo cloth diapers. These can take an entire day to dry but after introducing the Spindel we now have dry nappies within only a few hours!
– Remembering last minute, next day school outfits ain’t a problem either… After 3 minutes in the Spindel I can hang clothes indoors, overnight. Come sunrise and it’s completely dry.
The Spindel is:
- Compact and easy to store anywhere.
- A massive timesaver giving me time to get more important things done.
- Eco-friendly, using FAR less power than other dryers and also collecting water that can be used in the garden.
- Great for sensitive skin, removing all excess detergents.
- A huge money-saver.
AND DEFINITELY A MUST FOR BIG FAMILIES!
Giveaway Closed: Congratulations to Lené Greyling (Instagram entry) Time for one lucky reader to try a Spindel laundry dryer for themselves!
We all deserve a little less time spent in the laundry room… And the Spindel is just the appliance to help you out! WIN your own 6,5kg Spindel.
How to enter:
- Leave us a comment below telling us why you’d like to win a Spindel.
- Make sure you follow Spindel SA on Facebook or Instagram (both would be fab too).
- Follow us on either (or both) if you like, but it’s not compulsory. (@justamammablog or @justamamma)
- For extra entries be sure to enter on either this Facebook post or this Instagram TV post as well.
- Only entries via Instagram, Facebook and comments left below will be considered.
- Instagram and Facebook is in no way responsible or associated with this giveaway.
- You need to follow both @justamamma and @spindel_SA on Instagram and / or Facebook to qualify.
- Competition only open to South African residents residing in South Africa.
- Winner must be 18+ years old.
- Competition closes on the 25th of July 2019.
- The winner is picked at random and announced on the 26th of July 2019.
- This prize is not exchangeable or refundable.
- Please enter valid email and contact info. If we can not get hold of you within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.
- The greatest care will be taken when mailing your prize but Just a Mamma and Spindel SA do not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged goods.
Disclaimer: I received a Spindel to use and keep for the purposes of this review.
For more “Green finds” click HERE.
Join the sisterhood
Just a mamma
Seen on CapeTownInsider
Posts you may also like
Still in disbelief as I type this BUT... 2023 is on the horizon! Another year sped by in the blink of an eye and I have a feeling things will keep speeding up, especially as I try my best to juggle home life, work life, playschool, primary school, family, friends and...
It's only 54 days till "the most WONDERFUL day of the year". Mr. Bublé is already playing as I'm writing this and I can almost taste "Ouma Myra's" gingerbread cookies. It's also time to place those festive orders because... Supporting local means we have to plan ahead...
* This post is sponsored by Superbalist. I don't do well in big crowds, busy shopping centers, or when needing to fight for that last marked-down item in-store. In fact, everything about BLACK FRIDAY makes me anxious, that's why Cyber Monday is more "our thing". I can...
When was the last time you printed your photos? When was the last time you put together a photo album of your most precious memories? We all (especially moms) have the best intentions when it comes to "recording" our family history BUT... Time and know-how can be a...