Pregnancy circa 2016 / 2017 and Milk Bath Maternity Shoots are all the rage. I completely get the appeal… Unleashing your inner Cleopatra in a time when you are creating life; why not?
At 1st I was on the fence; not sure if I should take the milky plunge but then I came across the most beautiful purple roses and I simply couldn’t resist. The purple had me and although I never liked purple much it would become a re-occurring colour during (and after) my pregnancy. The idea of one day showing such stunning pics to our daughter and celebrating me carrying her for 9 months convinced me. If I was going to do this, I needed to go all out! An abundance of flowers, a huge ethereal flower crown, beautiful lace and a snow white milky bath.
TOP TIPS FOR CREATING THE PERFECT PHOTO WORTHY MILK BATH (courtesy of endless Pinterest pins):
- Fill the bath with warm water, almost up to the desired level.
- Add between 4 to 6 liters of FULL CREAM milk, depending on the size of your bath.
- Add FULL CREAM milk powder to create a more opaque look.
- Try to take the photos in a bath close to a window with as much natural light as possible.
- Keep the fabrics you choice to use, light and delicate for a beautiful draping and floating effect.
I couldn’t be more pleased with the end result of my Milk Bath Maternity shoot and after this awesome 1st experience; we aren’t done! Keep an eye on our blog (or subscribe to our mailing list right at the bottom) to see what we have planned next.
PHOTO CREDIT | Anje-Ilana Nel from Madison & West.