Urban gardening and growing your own vegetable is all the rage at the moment but let’s be honest… Tending to your veggie patch and feeding our kids home grown, organic tomatoes, cucumber, spinach and whatever else isn’t as easy at it sounds. My fingers ain’t green and space is always an issue in the city. My Eco Sprout however hopes to change all of this and when they asked if we would like to review their range of growing kits for kids, I was intrigued.
Launched in November of 2018, My Eco Sprout wants to foster a love for the environment as well as respect for food, while your little one learns about gardening and growing their very own edible plants.
At the heart of My Eco Sprout lies family.
Copeland Koorts, mother of 2 and founder of My Eco Sprout was raised to value and appreciate the importance of growing your own plants.
“Since I experienced the benefits of doing so, I felt inspired to provide families with information and fun growing kits to create memorable experiences of their own.”
With this vision in mind she has set some goals for My Eco Sprout:
- My Eco Sprout hopes to bring loads of joy to children’s hearts! They hope to get all the children of South Africa to sow and grow their own plants, focusing on edible plants. This will help prevent our food security crisis from escalating.
- Every product is carefully designed to capture the imagination of children and to educate them about growing their own plants.
- In developing these kits today’s urban lifestyle has been taken into account by choosing plants that don’t need hectares of land.
Not just about gardening, it’s about being responsible too!
My Eco Sprout wants to keep their carbon footprint as small as possible and is constantly looking for ways to better the range by minimising waste.
- The Strawberry Popcorn kit includes a 100% Bio-based pot which is 100% Biodegradable
- All the carton used for the kits are made from 67.3-80% Recovered fibre and meets the FSC Mix Chain-of-Custody certification requirements.
- Only fresh seeds will do and they are GMO FREE.
“Let us lead the way to a greener future for our children by setting the example and enabling them to learn and take pride in growing their own plants.”
Copeland want’s to start a growing revolution, simply by “Growing your own Vegetables”. Our family definitely wants to be apart of it all and that’s why we are giving the My Eco Sprout kits a go.
How can we not get excited about growing our own vegetables when the packaging is so much fun? From the cute illustrations to the easy to follow instruction and happy colours. We couldn’t wait to get dirty.
This is where the real fun began. We aren’t scared of some messy play and the girls loved getting dirty. Crumbling up the soil discs. Making tiny holes with our finger. Sowing the seeds and patting the soil lovingly. It was easy and everyone got involved. Sensory play at it’s best and good old family fun!
Now we wait and see.
Getting our gardens going was so easy. Keep an eye on our social media to see how our plants are doing. I’ll definitely be sharing a follow-up blogpost after “harvest season.” We have all the confidence in the world and expect to be enjoying some strawberry popcorn, tomatoes salad and green smoothies soon.
Grow your own vegetables with us!
The growing kits are great value for money priced at between R35 and R175. You can even order fun party favours and add your own custom branding for a special theme. Each kit includes everything you’ll need to start growing your own vegetables. Shop online at www.myecosprout.com
GIVEAWAY CLOSED: Congratulations Carri Page!
Win your own My Eco Sprout growing kit hamper!
My Eco Sprout wants to spoil one lucky little gardener with their own growing kit hamper!
The hamper includes:
- A 2019 Calendar
- 1 Sprout House
- 1x Strawberry Popcorn Kit
- 1x Cherry Tomatoes Party Favour Kit
- The Wheatgrass Kit
- A R100 gift voucher
How to enter:
- Please leave a comment below telling us which edible plant you think would be the most fun to grow.
- Follow @justamamma and @my_eco_sprout on Instagram AND / OR
- Like @justamamma and @MyEcoSprout on Facebook. (Doing both means you’ll get 2 entries.)
Please SHARE this post with all your friends too. Just click those social media buttons… Easy Peasy.
- Only entries via Instagram, Facebook and comments left below are valid.
- Instagram and Facebook is in no way responsible or associated with this giveaway.
- You need to follow both @justamamma and @my_eco_sprout on Instagram and / or Facebook to qualify.
- Competition only open to South African residents residing in South Africa.
- Winner must be 18+ years old.
- Competition closes on the 28th of January 2019.
- The winner is picked at random and announced on the 31st of January 2019.
- This prize is not exchangeable or refundable.
- Please enter a valid email and contact info. If we can not get hold of you within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.
- The greatest care will be taken when mailing your prize but Just a Mamma and My Eco Sprout do not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged goods.