July 6th, 2017…
The day we welcomed our 3rd baby into the world. Gender reveal time for us…
After 9 months of wondering, praying and excitedly waiting we finally got to meet our 3rd little lady! YES, we had been blessed with another girl.
Only finding out the gender of our baby at birth was one of the most exciting and wonderful life experiences, one I highly recommend to other future parents. It’s like your birthday, Christmas and the coolest surprise ever, all in one!
Having had a cesarean section, we decided to only have the girls meet their new sibling the next day. We kept Ava’s gender top secret for the 1st 24 hours. We didn’t want to spoil the surprise for Eliana and Lia seeing as they had also anxiously been waiting for 9 months.
We wanted the girls to find out the gender for themselves, dressing Ava in the cutest pink bunny babygrow and beanie. An outfit from our Little Newborn Box. (more info on these below).We then wrapped her in a soft white blanket hiding all traces of pink. The girls would get to unwrap her gently and discover the surprise of a baby sister.
We couldn’t wait for Eliana and Lia to arrive. Having spent the night with grandma, Alec greeted them at the hospital entrance while I waited in our room. Ava was fed and quietly sleeping in her bassinet. As they entered our room you could feel their joy and excitement over meeting their new sibling but 1st is was hello kisses and how-do-you-does. The girls needed to know we still love them and they are just as important as ever. Eliana’s 1st reaction on seeing me was; “Why are you still fat” – honest as only a child can be. Lia was a little sweeter asking (excitedly); “Are we having another baby?” Then it was time to meet Ava.Standing over the bassinet it was incredible to see how lovingly and carefully they took off Ava’s blanket, and their reaction upon realising they have another sister… The photos say it all!Eliana could burst with joy and Lia had genuine concern over how tiny Ava was.
Holding Ava for the 1st time…
With some help from dad it was time to hold Ava, something Eliana had been dreaming about doing for months. With a quick crash-course in baby neck support I was impressed to see how handy she was and how relaxed Ava slept in her big sister’s arms. Seeing our 3 ladies together for the 1st time had us overwhelmed with emotion but we weren’t alone.
These pics of Eliana, close to tears over the joy of Ava are some of our favourites.Lia’s joy, concern and honest amazement at how tiny but perfect Ava is will be forever treasured in our hearts.
Our gorgeous growing #girlgang…
So this is us! A family of 5. An entire handful!
I remember Alec telling me 10 years ago that he would love a house full of girls. 4 beautiful daughters to call his own – he wanted a family that wouldn’t be ordinary or the norm… So here we are, blessed, overjoyed and certainly not statistically the norm. Will his wishes of a 4th come true? Only God knows and time will tell. For now however, life is pretty perfect.
The Little Newborn Box…
Mompreneur, Annette Griesel, has made packing baby’s hospital bag even easier with these adorable Little Newborn boxes. With boxes for girls, boys and a unisex option, these include everything baby needs those 1st few days.The newborn box includes:
* 3 complete outfits (3 beanies included)
* Burp cloth
* Wooden keepsake box
* 100% cotton, especially woven for us in SA
* Everything in the box is handmade
Sharing the love…
We have been blessed with so much and would like to share the joy with a little giveaway for a special expecting mama! Win a Little Boy / Unisex Newborn Box as well as a set of Mayalief pregnancy milestone cards and a few other surprise goodies. A stunning prize to the value of R2500. Please note this prize is in Afrikaans.
How to enter:
You’ll need an Instagram account (so if you haven’t signed up yet, now’s perfect).
- Follow @justamamma, here you’ll be able to see all the posts telling you more about how to win!
- VERY IMPORTANT: Follow @little.handmade and @mayalief_mooigoed.
- For an extra entry SIGN UP to our monthly newsletter, (see the little subscription box below) – I promise not to spam your email or bore you to death, it’s just my way of keeping in touch and letting you know what’s new.) If you have already subscribed, you are already entered into this giveaway.
Feel free to SHARE this post with all your pregnant friends and family on Facebook and Twitter too.
- Only entries via Instagram and comments left below will be considered.
- Competition only open to South African residents residing in South Africa.
- Winner must be 18+ years old.
- Competition closes on the 31st of August 2017.
- A winner will be picked at random and announced on the 1st of September 2017.
- This prize is not exchangeable or refundable.
- Please enter valid email and contact info. If we can not get hold of you within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.
- The greatest care will be taken when mailing your prize but Just a Mamma, Little and Mayalief do not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged goods.
- The Little Newborn Box for boys / unisex and Mayalief monochrome pregnancy milestone card set will be sent to the winner after the 1st of September 2017.
- Instagram is in no way responsible or associated with this giveaway.
Special thanks to Yummy Maternity for keeping me comfy 1 day post c-section in their amazing bamboo extra length leggings and nursing tank top. Annapatat Kids and Wolf Wolf for making the cutest kids outfits. Eliana and Lia looked adorable. Nectar & Ink for helping us announce Ava’s gender and birth to the world with your gorgeous wooden birth announcement and Ava’s name. Lastly Shooshoos for ALWAYS being part of our adventures!