* This post is sponsored by Superbalist. It's the beginning of a new school year and the start of all kinds of extra-murals and sports for our crew... That means shoe shopping. More specifically, sneaker shopping! Growing feet need new trainers for netball, hockey,...
Faith based jewellery for kids made in South Africa
I’m the mom that cheers at the top of her voice next to the sports field. The mom who swallows her tears when her kids do well and when they fall down. The mom that gives one more embarrassing wave or kiss at the gate. Yes, I’m “that mom”, the one that made me cringe… before I became a mom myself. AND I LOVE being “that mom” because somewhere amidst the pressures our kids face, whether at school, in sports or simply amongst friends – I realised that if I wasn’t going to be our girls’ cheerleader, no one else would. The world does far too good of a job trying to keep our kids down and that’s why I am doing all I can to build them up. Thankfully I’m not doing it alone. The “that mom” club is pretty cool and we like supporting our kids and each other. One mama even started a small business aimed at uplifting and inspiring young and old with her faith based jewellery for kids made in South Africa.
Introducing Valori Jewellery
Valicia Meyer started Valori Jewellery in 2021. As a mom of two with a degree in B.Ed.Psig(Hons) and a former teacher, Valicia has always had a heart for children and a love for God. Inspired by her faith and passion, Valori Jewellery focuses on how unique all of us are.
Timeless designs are created as a reminder of our strength of mind and spirit, bravery as well as courage. Simple pieces with a strong message, encouraging us to embrace and celebrate our differences.
12 When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, “The Lord is with you, mighty warrior.”Judges 6:12
And it’s not just for kids…
Necklaces, earrings, rings and bracelets made of Argentium silver are available for adults too. What better way to teach our children than by sharing the messages these pieces hold and wearing them with pride, together? There has never been a better reason to go “matchy-matchy”.
More than Faith based jewellery for kids…
Valicia offers genetic brain profiling for adult and kids, facilitates EQ for kids sessions and is a distributor of the My Story Journals and art journal by Educational Psychologist, Dr. Truida Botha. “Children are growing up in a complex competitive world. These journals are outstanding, creative tools to assist in self-discovery and to cement confidence in your own life story.“
Eliana has loved using her My story Journal this year and feels excited to continue her journey of self-discovery with the My Story Art Journal.
New to the Valori collection…
In honour of “My Story Tribe”, Valori designed and created the “Own Your Story” collection. Twine and silver pendant bracelets as well as silver and gold plated necklaces motivating its wearer to live boldly, “owning their story” and the unique path this life is taking them on.
Just another reminder to stop comparing and competing with other. Rather move your focus and start living purposefully with gratitude, embracing the adventures yt to come. Simply be-YOU-tiful!
Where to buy Valori Jewellery & My Story Journals
All jewellery pieces are locally designed and made in South Africa and can be personilised with custome engraving. I added pieces of scripture to our girls’ “Own Your Story” bracelets. Each scripture differs and testifies of the text God spoke through while I was still pregant with each of our daughters. I pray these scriptures over their entire lives and getting to share each with them personally is not only meaningful but also powerful! God has always been part of “their story” even before I got to meet them.
- The “My Story Tribe” journals can also be purchased from Valicia via the My Kind Ek Uniek website.
*Please note: All orders for 2022 close on the 2nd of December to ensure delivery before Christmas.
Join the “that mom” club!
Win a mommy and me “Own Your Story” set and a “My Story Art Journal” (with cheeky doorhanger) for your little one. The mommy and me set consists of a stylish “Own Your Story” necklace for mom and a matching bracelet for you child. Have fun deciding on the colour of your bracelet.
Giveaway closed | Congratulations Ronell Janse van Rensburg
How to enter
Complete one of these steps OR both of them for more chances to win.
- Leave a comment HERE telling us what inspires you. Also, be sure you’re following My Kind Ek Uniek on Instagram.
- Visit our Instagram page. Follow the instructions under this post.
- Only entries via Instagram and comments left below will be considered.
- Instagram is in no way responsible or associated with this giveaway.
- The competition is only open to South African residents residing in South Africa.
- Winners must be 18+ years old.
- This competition closes on November 29, 2022.
- The winner will be picked at random and announced after the 29th of November 2022 via social media and on this blog post.
- This prize is not exchangeable or refundable.
- Please enter valid email and contact info. If we can not get hold of you within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.
- The greatest care will be taken when mailing your prize but neither Just a Mamma, Valori or My Kind Ek Uniek accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged goods.
For more local brands, fashion and products we love, CLICK HERE.
Join the sisterhood
Just a mamma
Seen on CapeTownInsider
Posts you may also like
It's only 54 days till "the most WONDERFUL day of the year". Mr. Bublé is already playing as I'm writing this and I can almost taste "Ouma Myra's" gingerbread cookies. It's also time to place those festive orders because... Supporting local means we have to plan ahead...
* This post is sponsored by Superbalist. I don't do well in big crowds, busy shopping centers, or when needing to fight for that last marked-down item in-store. In fact, everything about BLACK FRIDAY makes me anxious, that's why Cyber Monday is more "our thing". I can...
When was the last time you printed your photos? When was the last time you put together a photo album of your most precious memories? We all (especially moms) have the best intentions when it comes to "recording" our family history BUT... Time and know-how can be a...
*This post is not sponsored. I was gifted an Esse 30-Day Rewilding set and wanted to share more about my experience. Confession time... I suck at maintaining a good skincare regime. I go through "good seasons" when I do all the things I'm supposed to but then life...