About a month ago we were asked to review the Chelino Travel Buddy stroller. Being avid family travellers I was intrigued and excited to see if the Travel Buddy would be the best travel stroller we’ve used… We took it along to Umhlanga and this is what we thought.
– Recommended use from 6 months – 18kg’s.
– Lightweight, powder coated aluminium frame.
– 5-Point safety harness to keep your little one safe and secure.
– Trolley-style handle bar for one-hand steering.
– Detachable fabric cover for easy cleaning.
– Front wheel suspension for better steering and a smoother ride.
– Linked rear brake.
– Easy, one-button fold (which even I can do.)
– Large storage basket.
– Stylish grey fabric design.
Things we love about the Chelino Travel Buddy Stroller
*Recommended aircraft overhead storage dimensions are 22 cm x 35 cm x 56 cm. The dimensions of the Travel Buddy is 41 x 57 x 19 cm. Most airlines allow for bigger bags or will simply store your stroller safely in the front of the airplane.
Chelino Travel Buddy Stroller Q & A (Answers to the questions YOU asked)
- How does the Chelino Travel Buddy compare to other travel strollers you’ve used? Honestly, this is the best travel stroller we have used. Both Ava and Lia found it very comfortable and almost instantly fell asleep while being pushed along the Umhlanga promenade or carted about in the grocery store. We also appreciate the amazing engineering that went into designing and manufacturing a lightweight stroller that folds up compact without compromising on functionality.
- Is a travel stroller a travel necessity? Even though we baby-wear A LOT, for us, a travel stroller is still a must! Early airport check-ins, extended stop-overs, flight delays, extra sightseeing possibilities while baby sleeps peacefully and walking tours are all top reasons for having a travel stroller handy. A stroller also means you always have a baby chair on hand which helps when you need to feed wiggly little ones while on-the-go. Our travel stroller has even come to our rescue while traveling in Europe… On more than one occasion it’s provided the only clean surface available to change baby’s nappy.
- Would you recommend the Chelino Travel Buddy for regular use? The stroller can’t be used for babies younger than 6 months and sleeping in it for extended periods is not recommended. If you are however looking for something affordable and convenient to use for quick trips to the store, coffee dates with your bestie and other practical outings, then yes.
- Up to what age can the Chelino Travel /buddy be used? With an 18kg weight limit, age will vary slightly. At 4, Lia still enjoyed using the stroller.
When it comes to travel strollers no one wants to spend a bunch of money. You need a stroller that’s AFFORDABLE, COMPACT, DURABLE, EASY TO USE and STORE AWAY and that won’t be a sore thumb in all your treasured vacation photos.
The Chelino Travel Buddy delivers on all these points and is by far the best travel stroller we’ve used. I’m definitely going to have a hard time giving it back.
Remember to checkout our review of the CHELINO TRANSFORMER CAR SEAT too.