Today we take a moment to celebrate the women behind Miss Tees – slogan T-shirts for Moms. Miss tees is a brand new, local T-shirt company that launched earlier this year. But these aren’t just any old tees… Made from the softest, quality cotton, printed and embroidered with mama’s words full of affection and tenderness, intended to inspire, motivate and celebrate moms.
Mums really are the greatest
They are the power and the pillar of every family.
One minute running a company, the next, wiping a runny nose, mums always bring their A game.
From the little everyday questions, to the answers to life’s biggest problems, you can be sure that mum really does know best.
Carole and Amber are the mama duo building an empire, one t-shirt at a time.
Why did you ladies start Miss Tees?
We spent a lot time together during our pregnancies. We chatted about creating something together after the births of our babies… Amber and I have a great synergy and we knew we would be a great match in whatever we did.
Your favourite piece from the collection? Why?
Amber loves big, bold designs and the “Family First” tees lies particularly close to her heart especially with their second little one on the way.
Carole has been an entrepreneur since the the age of 17 and becoming a mum, her biggest wish… The “mumtrepreneur” tee describes her best!
What has been your biggest struggle as “mombosses” and how have you overcome this?
The most challenging has been scheduling between 2 mamas, especially when one is pregnant. We are figuring it out and trying to make due as we go. Considering each other and our families.
“As moms we don’t celebrate ourselves or other mamas enough.” Would you agree? How do you “celebrate yourself” and other moms?
Not really to be honest. We are French and live far away from our own families so, we support each others quite a lot! Plus we prefer to celebrate our motherhood as a team rather than alone.
Being an entrepreneurs and feeling proud of myself every day is another way we like to celebrate myself.
What would be the perfect Mother’s day gift for yourself this year?
Carole – One day without the parental mental workload. And on the realistic side a local designer neckless that I spotted but can’t reveal the brand because we are planning to collab with her. Stay tuned…
Amber : A spa day with friends and “non” virgin mojitos!
The business isn’t massive (yet) and offers a small collection of which the “Call me Mama” tee is my favourite and we are giving away one to YOU and a FRIEND!
CLOSED: Congratulations Portia Koenane (Facebook)
How to enter:
- Leave us a comment below telling us why you love being a mom.
- Make sure you follow Miss Tees on Facebook or Instagram (both would be fab too).
- Follow me on either (or both) if you like, but it’s not compulsory. (@justamammablog or @justamamma)
- For extra entries be sure to enter on either this Facebook post or this Instagram post as well.
The giveaway ends on Wednesday, the 29th of May 2019.
- Comments left below and on the applicable social media posts count as valid entries.
- Instagram and Facebook is in no way responsible or associated with this giveaway.
- Competition only open to South African residents residing in South Africa.
- Winner must be 18+ years old.
- Competition closes on the 29th of May 2019.
- The winner is picked at random and announced via social media and this blogpost.
- This prize is not exchangeable for cash or refundable.
- Please enter a valid email and contact info. If we can not get hold of you within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.
- The greatest care will be taken when sending your prize but Just a Mamma and Miss Tees, do not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged goods.
* For more Mother’s May giveaways be sure to visit our GIVEAWAY section too.