A house becomes a home thanks to all the love and memories made by the ones that live their. Our home is full of giggles, full of ruckus and now we’ve started collecting beautiful meaningful artwork too. One of our most treasured pieces is a recent addition from puli. Prints… A watercolour family portrait!
I love how Fabienne captured a little piece of our souls in this fun illustration by emphasising subtle features like Mr. Perfect’s broad shoulders, Lia’s petite frame, Eliana’s independence and Ava looks like she’s about to wiggle out of dad’s arms. Simplistic, yet so US!
But who is puli. Prints?
Fabienne Krusekopf is the talented mama of two behind puli. prints. Founded out of a love for drawing and illustration back in 2016. The name Puli, (pronounced “Pulley”) is actually a nickname that was given to Fabienne while growing up. To this day, the name has stuck and Fabienne’s family still call her Puli.
Being outside, especially as the sun sets, or hearing a favourite song gets Fabienne’s creative juices flowing. From adorable pink mice to fantastical wall murals – this mama spreads joy whenever she picks up a brush and doing family portraits is her absolute BEST!
TOP TIP from Fabienne mom-to-mom:
As moms how do you get creative with your kids?
Try to get as into the messy play as they do. Physically getting down to their eye level and being present with them. We have no boundaries when it comes to anything arty (other than staying outside with the super messy and sticky stuff). Also always remember to put on music that makes them groove and feel more free.
What would be the perfect Mother’s day gift for yourself this year?
A FULL day and night off. I SERIOUSLY need to do something nice for myself soon. Having had our daughter born at 27 weeks and being in hospital for over three months (along with her having open heart surgery and barely making it through that) really took its toll on me, trying to juggle hospital life and expressing every three hours and home life with a (then) just over two year old. I haven’t had a moment off to myself since.
How can I have a family portrait done?
Illustrated portraits take 2 days. Simply pop Fabienne an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send her a DM on Instagram @puli_prints. Remember to include a few family photos as reference. Don’t worry if you don’t have the perfect pic. Fabienne can help advice you on the best photos and together you’ll definitely come up with something amazing.
The cost of a family portrait varies:
Couples – R350.
Family of 3 to 4 loved ones – R450.
Larger Families of 5 to 10 loved ones – R650 (What an incredible gift for grandparents.)
CLOSED: CONGRATULATIONS Emma Gibbs! (Instagram)
Now it’s your turn to have a family portrait done by Puli Prints!
WIN an Illustrated Family portrait AND 3 beautiful wall prints for your kid’s room.
How to enter:
- Leave us a comment below telling us what you think of these family portraits by PULI prints.
- Make sure you follow Puli Prints on Facebook or Instagram (both would be fab too).
- Follow me on either (or both) if you like, but it’s not compulsory. (@justamammablog or @justamamma)
- For extra entries be sure to enter on either this Facebook post or this Instagram post as well.
The giveaway ends on Friday, the 31st of May 2019.
- Comments left below and on the applicable social media posts count as valid entries.
- Instagram and Facebook is in no way responsible or associated with this giveaway.
- Competition only open to South African residents residing in South Africa.
- Winner must be 18+ years old.
- Competition closes on the 31st of May 2019.
- The winner is picked at random and announced via social media and this blogpost.
- This prize is not exchangeable for cash or refundable.
- Please enter a valid email and contact info. If we can not get hold of you within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.
- The greatest care will be taken when sending your prize but Just a Mamma and Puli Prints, do not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged goods.
* For more Mother’s May giveaways be sure to visit our GIVEAWAY section too.