How are we already celebrating Eliana's LAST single-digit birthday? Our eldest is 9! This past year has changed our family in many ways..., bringing us closer together, while also reminding us of what matters most - the ones we love. So, we decided to celebrate our...
#TwinningPlusOne: Schnooky Pie
We have always been passionate about supporting local, shopping small (in the hope the brand will grow BIG) and being proudly South African but now that we have 3 little ladies to dress between the ages of 6 weeks and 5 years it is a bit more challenging…
Key factors making things hard:
- Limited choice – There’s an abundance of baby clothes available online and in stores but as the girls turn 3 our options seem to decline rapidly.
- Affordability and Quality – Shopping for 3 kids is expensive. Add extra delivery costs from having to buy from different brands or the price of custom designs for bigger sizes and most parents rather opt for the closest general retailer. Also, we LOVE shopping online but there are still some that don’t trust just seeing a garment on a screen. They want to touch and feel to make sure the fabrics are durable, will wash well and that you do get value for money.
- Taste and Trends – This is tricky – having to compete with My Little Pony, Disney and more, how can one be sure kids will like what’s available locally. Keeping up with everything we see on Pinterest and also getting something pretty for special occasions…
- Accessibility – Driving to the closest mall and buying a new season’s wardrobe is easy, waiting for online orders and the delivery man takes longer and therefor extra planning is needed.
In #twinningplusone we’ll be showing off the best proudly South African kids brands. Brands that tick all the boxes, get the thumbs up from me and the girls. Brands offering cool clothes for baby and beyond.
1st to kick us off…
Started in 2014 by mompreneur Jaclyn Holmes, Schnooky Pie is committed to producing products that moms will LOVE, are unique in design and made from quality materials.
From the fabric used, the graphic designer and pattern maker responsible for creating the amazing designs, down to the talented ladies who sew the garments – Schnooky Pie tries their utmost to make sure every step in the process of the creation remains 100% proudly South African.
More reasons to love Schnooky Pie
1. It’s a one-stop-shop for mamas with more than one little. Their collections (yes, plural) offer various options for boys and girls aged 0-3months all the way up to 6 years! You can find everything from clothes to accessories and even special occasion wear, all in one spot.
2. Created by a fellow mom, Jaclyn knows the cost of kids clothing and has ensured that Schnooky Pie stays competitive with other popular commercial brands. Quality is also a key factor in every Schnooky Pie item and these clothes were made for play which means everything is comfortable, easy to dress, machine washable and stays pretty adventure after adventure.
3. Thanks to her own little girl, Jaclyn has an expert at hand when it comes to current toddler trends, likes and dislikes. Signature Schnooky Pie is all their fun and funky prints designed and renewed every season. Keeping an eye on global fashion trends inspires the team to create designs that are kid and parent approved.
4. Having recently relaunched their online shop, shopping can’t be easier. Payment is also secure and delivery fast. I’ve never had to wait more than 2-3 days for door-to-door courier. As an added bonus shipping is free when spending R600 or more. YAY!
Our favourite from the collection
The fleece dress. Paired with leggings or stocking, it’s like a tracksuit but still a dress. Pretty and girly, yet warm and functional. The added bow on the back even gives a bit of princes appeal too.
For baby, we love their onesies. Not just for the cute designs but also the feel. Made from the softest cotton, these get better wash after wash.
Current obsession has to be the Succulent Collection but we can’t wait to see what spring / summer ’18 will bring.
Get your littles some Schnooky Pie by shopping online at Schnooky Pie.
PHOTO CREDIT | Anje-Ilana Nel from Madison and West.
Join the sisterhood
Just a mamma
Seen on CapeTownInsider
Posts you may also like
Barbie has continued to evolve over the years to better reflect the world girls see today, adding more diversity for endless storytelling possibilities. The Fashionistas are the most inclusive doll line with 176 dolls, 9 body types, 35 skin tones and 94 hairstyles....
Summer is around the corner and even though we may not be planning big holidays or lavish pool parties, we're all sure to spend some time in the sun! By now we're good at remembering the sunscreen but what about our eyes? They need protection too and now thanks to...
It's the official start to summer holidays! Staying home? Visiting family? Or maybe you'll be filling up on some much needed "vitamin sea"... One thing's for sure, there will definitely be sun and swimming involved so why not spoil yourself, and your clan with some...
This is not the first time we've featured Everli Baby and it won't be the last. Sister duo Nina and Sally are passionate about creating beautiful, high-end, limited edition baby and toddler garments that make little girls feel like the fairy princesses they are....