When it comes to supporting local, one of the easiest ways we, as parents, can do so, is by buying wooden toys made in South Africa! There's just something extra special about a toy lovingly crafted from nature... It's a win for your child, and a win for your home -...
Toy review: The new Barbie RC Dream Car
For far too long remote control cars have been seen as a “boy toys”. Finally, a brand has stepped up, designing a remote control car that appeals to little girls all over the world. The Barbie RC Dream Car! This new upgrade in Barbie’s garage has all the sparkle, glitz and style we’ve come to expect from our favourite doll and we could not wait to give it a test drive. (Yes, we… Mama may have been more excited than the girls for this review.)
Barbie RC Dream Car specs
- 1x Battery operated metallic pink corvette car with chrome finishes and Barbie detailing.
- 2.4 GHz simple function radio control that features a fun working steering wheel that steers the car forward, left, right and into reverse.
- Batteries are NOT INCLUDED – 5 x 1.5V AA for the vehicle AND 2 x 1.5V AAA for the remote are required. (I would recommend buying rechargeables as a money-saver and more eco-friendly choice)
- Turquoise plastic interiors.
- Functioning head- and backlights.
- This car fit any Barbie doll.
- Suitable for kids 3 years and older.
- Due to its low profile, this is an on-road car and can only be used on smooth and paved surfaces, such as driveways and floors.
Price and where to buy:
Currently, the Barbie RC Dream Car is only available instore, at leading retailers around the country. It sells for R1 299.99.
What we love most about the Barbie RC Dream Car:
Watching our girls play together as they take turns with the RC Dream Car is so adorable, especially when they help Ava, who has surprisingly good “driving” skills…
The car is very easy to control giving a speedy, smooth ride. The remote control is also lightweight and easy to understand ensuring nobody gets frustrated or confused.
AND the car fits any Barbie even the taller and fuller figured Fashionistas.
The girls also love the shiny “look” and sporty shape of the car and “real” lights!
Plus, playing with Remote Control Cars isn’t just fun but actually great for physical, mental and social development. Just think about all the skills needed to operate your RC car…
Hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills are tested and fine-tuned as they learn to steer and maneuver the car around corners and across different in- and outdoor terrains. The fostering of better spatial awareness while “driving” in various directions and plotting a route around obstacles, gauging distance and depth. The girls also enjoy building challenging obstacle courses too, stimulating those creative and strategic thinking skills. And then, of course, the gross-motor skills used while walking and running after our car…
I think it’s safe to say OUR Barbie RC Dream Car is a family toy with everyone playing together and wanting to take her for a spin.
What could be better?
Even though the car operates very easily, it would be nice to have “sharper turning” ability. Functioning doors that open and close with seat belts for safety would also be fun extras, making play more life-like.
- The best place to play is at home or public play areas and parks that allow RC cars.
- NEVER play on any roads or pathways with actual traffic.
- Do not play with your Barbie RC Dream Car in water or wet conditions.
- Check to ensure your car is clean. Dirt, leaves and small pebbles picked up during outdoor play could get stuck in the wheels, etc hindering your car’s functionality.
- Remember to check the batteries too, this car is not meant for manual play – so, have that spare set charged.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED – CONGRATULATIONS FARZANA (@moolafarzana Instagram) And as one final giveaway for this year…
We are giving away a Barbie RC Dream Car!
How to enter:
- Leave us a comment below telling us why you love Barbie.
- For extra entries be sure to enter on Facebook and Instagram as well.
The giveaway ends on Friday, 27 December 2019.
* PLEASE NOTE: The Barbie RC Dream Car will only be sent in the New Year and won’t be sent before Christmas.
- Only entries via Facebook, Instagram, and comments left below will be considered.
- Facebook and Instagram are in no way responsible or associated with this giveaway.
- Competition only open to South African residents residing in South Africa.
- Winner must be 18+ years old.
- The winner is picked at random and announced on 30 December 2019.
- This prize is not exchangeable or refundable.
- Please enter valid email and contact info. If we can not get hold of you within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.
- The greatest care will be taken when mailing your prize but Just a Mamma and Blue Horizon Licensing
do not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged goods.
Join the sisterhood
Just a mamma
Seen on CapeTownInsider
Posts you may also like
I know you've seen these... They are all over social media... Inspiring the most amazing creations! And now we found the perfect set of Magnetic Tiles in South Africa. IMAGIMAGS available from Timeless Toys. But first... What are magnetic tiles? Magnetic Tiles are...
It's been a long, challenging year for teachers and more than ever we need to show our appreciation! It's not about big, expensive gifts but rather about saying "thank you" in a thoughtful manner. Whether you go for homemade gifts, a handwritten note or something from...
2020 has been the year of play! With many parents and little ones staying safe and at home. Play has been brought to the forefront and we all now understand the value it holds - not just for fun but also for learning, exploring and growing. Playing however doesn't...
2020 has shown that we all still have a lot of hard work ahead of us. Especially when it comes to encouraging a world where all kids feel valued, beautiful and important. Words can't "fix" everything. In fact, our actions are far more important. So where can we start?...