Now that we’ve got the babies and toddlers covered it’s time to move on to the Pre-Schoolers. It’s not easy finding proudly South African handmade goods that are also pre-schooler approved but we have some good ones sure to put a smile on those “big kid’s” faces… This is our Pre-schoolers Christmas Wish List!
Books, books books!
Reading is fun at any age but also very important! Pre-schoolers want to start reading themselves. It’s also the age where they can start enjoying stories that are a little more interesting, something that challenges them, is thought provoking and stirs up a bit of conversation.
We simply love the books by Murray and Me. With interesting topics ranging from bullying to asthma and childhood worries, these stories are perfectly suited for young kids. The illustration are beautiful, intricate and fun and makes for hours of questioning and discussion. Eliana truly enjoys her new friends, Thomas, Pieter Kokkewieter and Hetta Elizabetha and has definitely learned a few life lessons while cultivating her love for literature.
On to writing!
5 Year olds have a definite interest in writing! Eliana wants to know what all the letters look like, how they are written and what each one is called.
The Learn to Write Alphabet and Number boards from Nectar & Ink are perfect for emergent writing and keeps our Eli busy for hours. She can practice “writing” on the wooden surfaces or use it as a reference when writing her name. It might look like something simple but it’s definitely a winner!
Exercising that memory.
Who doesn’t enjoy a good old memory game? Well our girls are obsessed! They both love playing this together or by themselves, finding every single picture pair. The wooden Under the Sea Matching Tiles from Mayalief are a fantastic choice with cute sea creature illustration.
Being wooden also makes them durable and easy to pick-up. This is so handy and fun to play at home or when out-and-about. Bonus points for also getting a bit of “brain gym” on!
Something for the girls…
It’s such a fun and pretty way to keep all those beautiful hair clips neat, tidy and easily accessible. A decorative piece that’s also functional. Well done Kara Kenya for thinking of such a great, girl product! One of these Fairy House Hairclip Hangers will look very nice in our winner’s room (if it’s a girl) otherwise some cute gentleman will have the perfect gift for his gal pal.
A special hideaway to escape to.
We are BIG on fantasy play and it’s during the pre-school years that the imagination really starts kicking in! Promoting fantasy play and giving our littles the right setting to get those creative juices flowing is important. What better gift to give a child than a free imagination, where they can be whom ever they want, do whatever their minds can think and live FREE for the restrictions of reality. It’s right here, during imaginary play that all those handy future problem-solving skills start to develope.
Our teepee acts as the perfect, little imagination hub. Easily taken anywhere, used indoors and outdoors, loved by boys and girls and even acting as a boho decor piece adding fun to our home. We have spent many hours with the girls in their teepee and we want you to share those same family memories in your own My Tiny Teepee too.
The finishing touch…
And then of course, once again all of the above will be sent to you wrapped up nicely in a pretty By Roeline & Co.DIY Christmas Sack. This Santa Sack is a great alternative to gift wrapping. The sack includes a laundry marker, so you could check the boxes for “checked twice” and write in your little one’s name.
How to enter?
1. Make sure you have an INSTAGRAM account.
3. Follow the simple steps described at the bottom of the post. It’s a LOOP GIVEAWAY so you will have to complete the entire loop until you find yourself back on our Instagram.
Good luck, start entering and don’t forget to read the COMPETITION RULES below.
- Competition only open to South African residents residing in South Africa.
- Winner must be 18+ years old.
- A winner will be picked at random and announced on 04/12/17 on the original Instagram post.
- Prizes are not exchangeable or refundable.
- The greatest care will be taken when mailing your hamper but Just a Mamma and all the brands participating in this Christmas giveaway do not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- This hamper will be sent to the winner after 07/12/17.
- This competition is not sponsored, administered or associated with Instagram. Void where prohibited by law. By participating, you confirm that you are 18+ years of age, release Instagram of responsibility, and agree to Instagram’s term of use.
PHOTO CREDIT | Anje-Ilana Nel from Madison & West.