For me, part of being a mom is making sure our family follows a healthy diet and one thing I always keep an eye out for is delicious, on the go kids snacks for our girls. Treats that are tasty, healthy and easy to eat. Life gets busy in a family of 5 and you never know when those hunger pains might creep up. It’s best to always have something to nibble on, at hand.
Kiddylicious is one of our new favourite foodie finds. They have an incredible selection of on the go kids snacks especially developed for different stages of childhood. From babies, just starting on solids all the way up to fussy toddlers and adventurous pre-schoolers. This pretty much sums up our family so, we were very excited to give some of the treats a taste.
Something for everyone!
Founded by Sally Preston, a mama of 2 (and food scientist), this London born kids food brand knows that creating delicious snacks and meals for children from a young age is key to developing a lasting positive attitude towards healthy eating. Every product is developed to delight your little one’s tastebuds, emphasising nutrition, taste and variety in texture.
Potential allergens and dietary preferences have also been taken into account making Kiddylicious one of the few brands available to children following gluten-free, diary-free, nut-free and plant-based diets.
Reasons we love the Kiddylicious range
- They claim to be the “ideal finger food” encouraging self feeding and really deliver. Ava can easily enjoy her snacks without any help from mom.
- The portions are perfect. Ava is only 1 and shares a lot of the snacks or I simply give her a half serving while Lia (3) and Eliana (6) can polish a packed of potato straws or fruit wriggles with ease.
- With loads of different tastes and textures to choose from, the Kiddylicious range makes snack time fun and exciting. The girls are interested and want to touch and taste everything.
- I am also very impressed by the detailed nutritional information provided about every snack. All the ingredients are listed, potential allergens mentioned and dietary as well as lifestyle preferences clearly stated. No more guessing and googling in the food isle needed.
- My heart can also rest assured knowing Kiddylicious DO NOT include any added sugars, preservatives or artificial colorants and flavour enhancers in any of their snacks.
- Lastly, of course I love the fact that we can easily keep these snacks stashed away in the car, diaper bag and pantry, just in case. They are also great additions to kids party packs.
With a 6, 3 and 1 year old in the house you can trust us to give honest feedback across a broad age group. So, who likes what?
Veggie and cheese straws
Suitable for kids aged 9+months. These are the perfect replacement for conventional potato chips and puffs. Available in veggie and cheese flavour, both are equally tasty and we can’t resist the crispy, crunchy texture either.
Baked Mini Banana Coconut Rolls
Suitable for kids 1 year and older. Available in banana and coconut or just plain coconut. These are my favourite by far. I actually hide them on the top shelf of the pantry as a movie night spoil for myself and Mr. Perfect – but don’t tell the girls because they love them too. Even Eliana enjoys these and she usually dislikes all things coconut.
The tiny coconut rolls remind me of delicate brandy snaps making this a real treat for little foodies. Each bag contains 8 packs with 4 rolls each. That’s 32 rolls for you to enjoy!
They are also milk-free, gluten-free, nut-free and suitable for ovo-vegetarians.
Extra points for making these super easy to handle. The hollow centred cylinders are the perfect shape for little ones developing their pincher grip.
Blueberry and Strawberry Rice Wafers
The perfect 1st treat for baby, suitable from age 6+ months. These lightly flavoured blueberry or strawberry rice wafers are easy to hold (practicing hand-eye coordination from hand to mouth) and dissolve easily making them a low choking hazard and mess free.
Eat them as is or add a smear of peanut butter to boost the flavour. The girls even use them as spoon / dippers when eating yogurt.
Every box contains 5 twin packs. That’s 10 rice wafers in total. These are also milk-free, gluten-free and suitable for strict vegetarians.
Apple and Strawberry Fruit Wriggles
Suitable for kids 12+ months. These are a winner too. I haven’t seen any other kids snacks like this. It’s a flavour burst! Made from delicious fruit and juice with a little added pectin. These are the perfect gummy treat. The apple is so good but we enjoy the tangy taste of the strawberry most!
Once again the wriggles are perfect for self-feeding and not messy and sticky at all.
Gluten-free, milk-free and another great option for strict vegetarians.
Where to buy
Kiddylicious launched in South Africa earlier this year and is readily available in Clicks and Baby City. Priced from R14.99 for the Fruit Wriggles, R19.99 for the Cheese and Vegetable straws, R39.99 for the Rice Wafers and R69.99 for the Coconut Rolls.
These snacks may seem on the pricey side but looking at other brands in the healthy food isle I think they compare well. Ava is still little so she tends to share most of the portions with her sisters and after enjoying a treat the girls don’t ask for more, making Kiddylicious good value for money too.
Win a tasty hamper and try Kiddylicious for yourself.
It’s difficult to choose just one but we all have a favourite Kiddylicious snack, Ava too. Leave us a comment below this post guessing HER favourite and you could win a hamper filled with delicious treats for you to try.
Good luck guys! It may not be as obvious as you think…
- Only entries via our social media and blog will be considered.
- Instagram and Facebook is in no way responsible or associated with this giveaway.
- Competition only open to South African residents residing in South Africa.
- Winner must be 18+ years old.
- Competition closes at 12pm on Friday the 31st of August 2018.
- The winner is picked at random and announced on Friday the 31st of August 2018.
- This prize is not exchangeable or refundable.
- If we can not get hold of you within 48 hours a new winner will be picked. So be sure to add the correct email address below.
- The greatest care will be taken when mailing your prize but Just a Mamma and Kiddylicious do not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged goods.