Every year we set goals, New Years resolutions, but most of the time these good intentions stay on paper. This year however, things have been different! Teaming up with Fry Family Food Co. in their January, FR4NR campaign has helped us take the steps needed to including more plant based protein into our diet. Now #MeatFreeMondays are part of our family’s healthy lifestyle.
In our previous #MeatFreeMonday post, we shared the reasons why we decided to go meat-free once a week. So many readers and followers wanted to know more, especially now that we’ve been at it for a while…
So, how do we feel after a month? Have we coped? Have we cheated? What do the girls think about the change? How do we go about including more plant based protein into our diet? The questions kept rolling in Monday after Monday so today I thought I’d answer a few.
Has the change been easy?
Thanks to Tammy Fry’s 7 tips on how to go plant based this has been an easy transition. One that any family can make.
Did the kids notice?
The girls really haven’t noticed a change and I feel so much happier serving them rice protein and chai nuggets or meat free hotdogs knowing these are loaded with veggies instead of unidentified, hormone filled animals meats.
Which Fry Family Foods Company product is our favourite?
Every family member has a favourite. Obviously the hotdogs are a clear winner as well as the pies. I really also like the Chicken Schnitzels and the original burger patties.
The mince is also very tasty and it always amazes me how far one pack goes.
Will we continue with MFM after January?
Nowadays we actually don’t just go meat-frree on Mondays. We usually do 1 or 2 other day too.
#MeatFreeMondays won’t stop. We will keep enjoy the Fry’s range and as our confidence grows we will explore some other delicious recipes such as bean chilli, chickpea curry, lentil stew and more.
Where do you find recipes for plant based protein alternatives?
I look forward to the challenge of planning a plant based dinner every Monday and starting our week fresh and healthy sets the tone for the rest of it as well.
At first I stuck to my guns. Making the same dishes we usually enjoy eating. Simply swapping out the meat with a Fry Family Food Company product.
Then I had a look at the Fry’s website… There I found easy recipes full of flavour. I never really stuck to one but rather used them to get my mind going. Visit our Instagram page and visit the #MeatFreeMonday highlight section to see what we’ve been eating.
It’s incredible how a small change like this has influenced our entire mindset when it comes to what we eat. We now look more closely at ingredient listed and try our best to include a rainbow of variety on every plate of food.
Meat isn’t the main focus we mealplan around anymore either.
It’s definitely been a
“New Resolution for a Food Revolution”.
Together with Fry’s we would love for you to join in the NR4FR by joining us in #MeatFreeMondays. Fry’s will even lend a helping hand giving away a hamper to the value of R500 to one lucky reader.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED – Congratulations Anusha Naidoo!
The R500 hamper includes:
- A Kasha bowl & spoon
- Fry’s chopping board
- Branded apron and tote bag
- Fry’s umbrella
- Handy Fry’s note pad, pencil, bamboo straw
- The Fry’s Superfood for Superkids cookbook
- Some yummy Kasha products for you to try
- Fry’s vouchers to spend on their delicious range
How to enter:
- Please leave a comment below telling us why you are excited to join us and pledge #MeatFreeMondays
- You can also enter on our Facebook page. Simply click here to find the competition post.
Please SHARE this post with all your friends too. Just click those social media buttons… Easy!
Special thanks to The Fry Family Food Co. for providing so much information and help during this #meatfreemonday campaign. We learnt a lot.
- Only entries via Facebook and comments left below are valid.
- Facebook is in no way responsible or associated with this giveaway.
- You need to follow both @justamamma and @TheFryFamilyFoodCo on Facebook to qualify.
- Competition only open to South African residents residing in South Africa.
- Winner must be 18+ years old.
- Competition closes on the 11th of February 2019.
- The winner is picked at random and announced on the 13th of February 2019.
- This prize is not exchangeable or refundable.
- Please enter a valid email and contact info. If we can not get hold of you within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.
- The greatest care will be taken when mailing your prize but Just a Mamma and The Fry Family Food Co. do not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged goods