Being fit and healthy isn’t just trendy but also an important priority, especially for parents. We all want to live long, healthy lives making memories with our kids. However, finding time (and money) to workout isn’t easy. I know we’ve struggled. That was until this year… 2019 is the years we become a Fit Couple!
Our Fit Couple goal
Mr. Perfect loves working out, I on the other hand, although I try – need motivation. I completely lack the self-discipline needed to train alone even though I love the benefits exercise brings. Having a gym partner that keeps me accountable (and on my toes) is key.
Our main goal isn’t gaining “hot summer bodies”. We simply want to feel good and be strong so that we can keep living an active family life doing the things we love like traveling, playing with our kids and maybe even having another.
How we plan to achieve it
We already eat healthy but now we need to physically challenge our bodies. We plan on doing this by working out together, in the comfort of our own home, using our Cactic Fitness system.
20 minutes daily, 3-5 days a week. That’s all that’s needed to get into shape!
Why with Cactic Fitness?
Cactic Fitness started with a passion for heathy living and a problem that needed to be solved. After the birth of our first daughter, Eliana, we suddenly no longer had the time to go to gym. We weren’t the only parents struggling with this challenge and soon realised it was a common problem. Out of time, and desperate to train, Mr Perfect got together the Cactic team and designed a gym for the father and businessman that had no time.
It needed to be compact, used at home or at the office and intended for a full body workout. Minimal amount of space while still providing maximum value. What they came up with far exceeded expectations and needs.
The patented system is designed with a focus on strength, functional, resistance and calisthenic training. It’s a fitness solution that accommodates any person, no matter their fitness level, age or gender.
Core to Cactic’s values lies the believe of FUN. FAMILY. FITNESS. and we can definitely attest to that.
We setup our homegym outside and for the past 3 years we’ve been using it.
I mostly make use of the rubber resistance bands and exercise mat provided to simulate pilates type training while Mr. Perfect enjoys the dip stand for more hardcore exercises. But the possibilities are endless.
It’s been the most incredible investment we could have made and after all these years we’ve only needed to replace the resistance bands ever so often.
I don’t just stand behind the system because my husband “made it”, but because it truly gave a solution to our problem…
Now we don’t have any excuses. We simply step out the door and into our full body gym. A full body gym that works so effectively that we only need 20 minutes a day to see actual results. An added bonus is seeing our girls take an interest in their bodies too, “working out” (or rather playing along) while we exercise and already learning about leading a healthy life.
Click here to view videos for workout ideas.
Added benefits we experience as a fit couple
- Getting some “us-time” is a win in itself.
- Sharing a goal and supporting each other in our fitness journey has brought us closer.
- We both have more energy, feel more relaxed and able to handle the stressors of family life and work, which in turn makes our home happier.
- Lastly, lets just say feeling more confident in my own skin carries over to other areas of our marriage too.
There really isn’t any down side to being a fit couple.
Remember to take care of you biggest organ too…
Part of our fit couple goals is taking care of our skin.
This powerful 3 step solution is so easy to follow daily and will improve your skin’s health while protecting it from environmental damage and premature ageing. The three products included are:
READY – 3in1 Detox Activated Charcoal Cleanser +Toner +Exfoliator
With ingredients like Witch Hazel and Activated Charcoal your face is gently detoxed, cleansed and toned.
The Apricot Seed Powder acts like an exfoliator removing dead skin, oil and impurities while restoring your skin’s pH balance without stripping away moisture. It also contains Vitamin A and E, which slows down the process of ageing.
SET – 2in1 Moisturiser & Sunblock With Non-Nano Zinc Oxide
Fast absorbing and water resistant for up to four hours this moisturiser and sunblock protects the skin from the harmful effects of sweat and environmental factors.
The Avocado and Jojoba Seed oil with Shea Butter softens and nourishes skin.
Argan oil doesn’t just protect from the sun. It also contains a large number of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties reducing the symptoms for a number of inflammatory skin conditions like psoriasis and rosacea.
Grape Seed Oil boosts collagen, fights wrinkles, prevents acne, balances oil production and brightens the complexion.
GO – Cucumber & Juniper Berry Hydration Face Mist + Vitamin Booster
The mist is our favourite and I use it to freshen up throughout the day. Loaded with minerals and vitamines “GO” gives tired, dry skin new life and improves the skin’s natural regenerative and resilience capacity. It calms, soothes, cools and detoxes instantly
As an added bonus the OolalaSWEAT range is:
PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN. NATURAL. VEGAN. CRUELTY FREE. PARABEN FREE. PETROLEUM FREE. CHEMICAL FREE. GLUTEN FREE. SAFE TO USE DURING PREGNANCY AND BREASTFEEDING.
COMPETITION CLOSED: Congratulations Danni Fryer!
You can be a fit couple too with Cactic Fitness AND The Oolala Collection!
One lucky couple will win a Cactic Fitness One Column Full Body – Valen-MINE – Couple’s Gym. (Accessories and delivery included.) Plus HIS & HERs skincare from OolalaSWEAT!
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE: Over R10 000
How to enter:
- Please leave a comment below sharing your fit couple health goal for 2019.
- Follow @justamamma, @cactic_fitness and @theoolalacollection on Instagram AND / OR
- Like @justamamma, @cacticfitness and @theoolalacollectionclub on Facebook. (Doing both means you’ll get 2 entries.)
Please SHARE this post with all your friends too. Just click those social media buttons below… Easy Peasy.
- Only entries via Instagram, Facebook and comments left below are valid.
- Instagram and Facebook is in no way responsible or associated with this giveaway.
- You need to follow all accounts stated on Instagram and / or Facebook to qualify.
- Competition only open to South African residents residing in South Africa.
- Winner must be 18+ years old.
- Competition closes on the 27th of February 2019.
- The winner is picked at random and announced on the 1st of March 2019.
- This prize is not exchangeable or refundable.
- Please enter a valid email and contact info. If we can not get hold of you within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.
- The greatest care will be taken when mailing your prize but Just a Mamma, Cactic Fitness and The Oolala Collection do not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged goods.