When it comes to gifts… Books are never a bad idea! That’s why I got so excited when Exclusive Books asked me to share our Best Books of 2019 picks from their Christmas Catalogue. I can’t wait to add some of these to our collection!
Our top 5 Best Books of 2019…
Our TOP 5 aren’t necessarily masterpieces of literature but rather books to enjoy and learn from. Nothing too overwhelming and what we will be reading this December.
VEG Easy & Delicious Meals for Everyone. Jamie Oliver (9780718187767)
Christmas would not be Christmas without a touch of Jamie. His latest book is always top of my wishlist and with our Flexitarian approach to food and diet, this title could not have come at a better time.
“Jamie Oliver is back with brilliantly easy, flavour-packed, and accessible veg recipes. From simple suppers and family favourites to weekend dishes for sharing with friends, this book is packed full of phenomenal food. Whether it’s embracing a meat-free day each week, or living a vegetarian lifestyle, this book ticks all the boxes.”
THAT WILL NEVER WORK The Birth of Netflix and the Amazing Life of an Idea. Marc Randolph. (9781913068073)
Netflix has taken over and I can’t wait to learn Marc Randolph came up with this game-changing idea. Just the inspiration I’m craving for currently.
“The co-founder and first CEO of Netflix, Marc Randolph, shares the origin story of the iconic company that has changed everything about how we consume TV and film. In one of the most thrilling and inspiring business stories told by a founder, he reveals what it took to become one of the world’s most successful start-ups.”
OF HOMININS, HUNTER-GATHERERS AND HEROES Searching for 20 Amazing Places in South Africa. David Bristow. (9781431429059)
My wunderlusting soul could not pass on this one…
“Bristow ventures to some lesser-known or visited places such as the West Coast Fossil Park, Mapungubwe, Hogsback, Lambazi Bay, Port Grosvenor, and Nieu Bethesda. Written in the same engaging style as previous books in the Stories from the Veld series, this is a journey through a bucket list of must-see places.”
DIE HASIE VAN FLUWEEL ’n Storie oor hoe speelgoed rêrigwaar word. Margery Williams, vertaal deur Linda Rode (9780798179201)
The Velveteen Rabbit holds a special place in our hearts. It was part of the gifts I gave Mr. Perfect on our wedding day. We are so excited to share this Afrikaans version with our girls.
“Die kinderkamer is vol towerkrag, en net speelgoed wat oud en wys en ervare is soos die hobbelperd, verstaan alles daarvan. Wanneer die fluweelhasie in die kinderkamer kom woon, kyk die ander speelgoed neer op hom. Maar die hobbelperd verduidelik hoe ‘n speelding “Rêrigwaar” kan word as iemand jou lief genoeg het.”
MEERKAT CHRISTMAS. Emily Gravett (9781509857296)
Another pick from the kid’s section simply too cute to pass up…
“From Africa to Australia, to Asia and back again, Sonny the meerkat is on the hunt for the perfect Christmas in this flap-filled festive picture book. He heads off on a journey around the world looking for the picture-perfect Christmas… before realising he might have left it at home after all.”
Other bests from the kid’s selection…
- WHERE’S WALLY? Double Trouble at the Museum. Martin Handford (9781406380590)
- SOUTH AFRICAN ANIMAL PORTRAITS A-Z. Nicolaas Maritz (9781485629603)
- SULWE Lupita Nyong’o (9780241394328)
- HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE J. K. Rowling (9781408845677)
- FOODIES OF SOUTH AFRICA TOP 100. Most Delicious, Most Shared Recipes Ever. Chantal Botha, Julie Brown and Hayley Murison (9781928429210)
- CHEF NTI My Modern African Kitchen. Nthabiseng Ramaboa. (9781928429203)
- BIBBY’S KITCHEN The essence of good food. Dianne Bibby (9780798177375)
- CELEBRATE. Lorna Maseko (9780798177344)
Good holiday reads…
I love reading a good autobiography over the festive season. Just a little escape into someone else’s world.
- ME Elton John (9781509853311)
- HOME WORK A Memoir of my Hollywood Years. Julie Andrews with Emma Walton Hamilton (9781474602174)
- KYK NA MY Herinneringe aan ‘n kindertyd. Nataniël (9780798179935)
Other titles that grab our attention
- THE RIDE OF A LIFETIME Lessons in Creative Leadership. Robert Iger (9781787630475)
- THE DUTCH HOUSE. Ann Patchett (9781526614957)
- THE GIVER OF STARS. Jojo Moyes (9780718183233)
- POSTSCRIPT. Cecelia Ahern (9780008194888)
You’ll find these Best Books of 2019 picks (and loads of other wonderful titles) at your local Exclusive Books Store. Fanatics members will also earn double points from November 1st till December 31st, 2019.
For more TOP READS be sure to check out our monthly bookclub selections HERE.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Exclusive Books.