Baking kits and subscription boxes (launching soon) designed to make mom and dad’s life a little easier by providing everything needed to “bake” some sweet memories with your littles! Founded by mama Des, Annie’s Baking Club is inspired by her own beautiful daughter Anastasia (Annie).
“For the longest time I thought I would never be a mom but today I’m lucky enough to have Annie as my little girl. I indulge in every moment of being her mom! From twinning whenever we can, elaborate celebrations, or simply bonding while doing life. I want her to have a wealth of happiness to look back on one day, and I hope that the smell of cookies baking in the oven will fill her heart with loving memories.”
How does it work?
Annie’s Baking Club has put together various baking kits. Each kit comes with everything needed to create pretty and delicious baked goods, easily. Think Pinterest worthy cupcakes and cookies but without needing to download any instructions, no googling quantity conversions or running to the store in search of the correct sprinkles.
These kits are 100% kid-friendly (and no-bake mama friendly too). All you need to do is:
- VISIT Annie’s Baking Store online at www.anniesbakingclub.co.za
- CHOOSE a favourite design
- And WAIT for the delivery man (He doesn’t take long).
BONUS: If you’re a non-baking mama, like myself, you can order some nifty extras like piping sets, icing nozzles, cute mini spoon spatulas, “They see me rollin'” rolling pin and other helpful goodies.
What do you get?
In your kit, you’ll find all the dry ingredients as well as the pretty decorative extras needed to create your perfect bake PLUS a handy step-by-step instruction booklet. You’ll definitely want to hang on to this. Every ingredient is clearly labeled and premeasured for your convenience.
We only needed to add eggs, oil, milk, butter, and vanilla essence.
Now let’s get baking!
Read, mix, stir, make and get messy…
Let these bake and cool before…
It’s time to decorate!
First, we make the buttercream icing…
This may get a little noisy…
And take a bit of fine motor skills…
Finally, it’s time to add the magic!
We had a production line going as the girls took turns piping the icing with my help. Mr. Perfect was in charge of quality control.
And, PRESTO! We had our magical “blessing” of unicorns! Yes, a blessing is the collective for unicorns… New word of the day learned – you’re welcome.
LASTLY, never forget to lick the spoon!
Why do we love Annie’s Baking Club so much?
I have such fond memories baking up a storm with my grandma. And who doesn’t remember “bak-en-brou” at school? There is just something special about creating a delicious treat together. In fact, I have many kid’s cookbooks – all purchased with the intent to learn to bake with our girls BUT in 7 years I’ve never gotten round to do so. Sure we cook together and I include the girls when making healthy snacks but it’s not the same as proper baking. That definitely takes a little more skill and know-how…
That’s exactly why we enjoy these kits so much…
- They are perfect for beginners. And easy and convenient for the Paul Hollywood‘s amongst us too.
- We all learn together. Whether we are weighing out butter for the icing, cutting out cupcake wrappers or figuring out how to create a batter swirl… We learn as we play.
- Baking can’t be rushed. Each step needs to be completed, one after the other and then we eagerly wait for the end result. It forces us to slow down and that in itself is already of great value.
- These kits make for an affordable alternative to birthday bakes. Why not order a kit or two and let the birthday boy or girl bake their own cupcakes for school this year. It’s far more fun than simply ordering. Our unicorn cupcakes were such a hit for Lia’s 5th Birthday! Eliana has already requested we do the same for her birthday next year.
- The recipes are foolproof. If I can bake them, ANYONE can bake them. I promise.
- It wasn’t even difficult getting our cupcakes to look pretty. Simply follow the instructions.
- And they tasted amazing! Moist yet crumbly. Not too sweet but still every bit as indulgent as one likes a cupcake to be.
- Lastly and the number 1 reason we love Annie’s Baking Club… The memories. We laughed, we got messy, we relaxed and we had FUN baking up our unicorns.
We can not wait for our next box to arrive any day now!
Where to order/subscribe…
Everything is online. Quick and easy.
And there are loads of adorable and easy to make options available too:
The Magical Unicorn Cupcake Kit we made
A Hippity Hip Bunny Cupcake Kit
Magical Mermaid Cupcake Kit
Rawrsome Dinosaur Cupcake Kit
Marvelous Monsters Cupcake Kit
Fairy Wand Cookie Kit
Emoji Cookie OR Emoji Poop Cupcake Kit
and even a HALLOWEEN Spooky Haunted House Decorating Kit for the month of October.
If you choose to subscribe you’ll receive a monthly baking kit for only R295.00 per month. Cupcakes, cookies, brownies, a cake or a special holiday bake delivered to your door every 1st week of the month! Ps: You know you want one for Christmas… (and back to school 2020, and Valentine’s Day, and Easter… Okay, every month)
Check out Annie’s Baking Club HERE and order your own baking kit OR subscription box today! The memories are waiting to be made…
Also, follow Annie’s Baking Club on INSTAGRAM to see their latest bakes and what special edition kits they have available.
PHOTO CREDIT | Anje-Ilana van Dalen from Madison & West Lifestyle Division.
Helpful extra info: Cute kid’s aprons available from Trendlings.