When it comes to hair accessories for girls, we don’t look any further than Mia Mae. Surina is the talented and creative mama behind this cute, proudly South African kids accessory range. From delicately knitted bonnets and blankets to pretty headbands, hair clips and hair ties… Surina makes it all and you’re sure to love them as much as we do.
In 2017, after being retrenched, Surina became a mom for the 1st time. Like a lot of mompreneurs, the plan was to stay at home and be a full time mama to baby girl Li-mé. Surina loved her time with Li-mé, and although she cherished every moment, she also knew she needed something to keep her mind stimulated in a different way. Confronted with various emotions and struggling with the idea of a new 9-5, Surina couldn’t imagine leaving Li-mé – “I wanted her to be part of my journey.”
Being a typical girlmom, she was always on the look out for pretty, girly accessories for Li-mé and found it frustrating seeing all the “nicer things” only available overseas.
“So, one day the Lord gave me a bright idea. Maybe I should start my own thing.”
First research needed to be done… Surina started making a few products for Li-mé and focused on people’s reactions and comments when she was wearing them. The response was overwhelmingly positive and it was decided; let’s give this a go! She would start her own range of hair accessories for girls.
“Having your own business is fun but also super stressful. I’ve grown so much over the last year and love every moment of Mia Mae.”
Always drawing inspiration from Li-mé, Surina focuses on creating and hand making the prettiest bows in an array of beautiful fabrics. Working hard to ensure top quality and a comfortable fit too. Our little Ava has been wearing her Mia Mae headbands from birth, with no complaints or headaches and Eliana and Lia are never without a Mia Mae hair accessory.
Even I can’t resist a Mia Mae head wrap…
What started as a one woman show has grown into a trio of passionate mama makers working together in crafting adorable accessories for little girls to enjoy. We might not know what the future holds for Surina and her team but I can asure you, it’s going to be beautiful!
Today sees the launch of the Mia Mae online store at MiaMae.co.za. With 4 different styles and an endless amount of fabric options to choose from at affordable prices it’s definitely worth spoiling your little girl. Be sure to go and have a look at their other products too but I warn you, the swoon worthy pics of all the little Mia Mae fans are enough to get anyone broody.
Win your own Mia Mae hair accessories!
Mia Mae wants to spoil one lucky little girl with a hair accessory hamper to the value of R300. The hamper can include any of the bow styles from their range and can be any combination of headbands, alligator clips and hair ties. (Knitted bonnets and blankets not included in this giveaway). That’s right, you get to pick and choose any 6 bows you love! And I’m even throwing in a surprise gift for mama too.
How to enter:
- Please leave a comment below telling us which style of bow is your favourite.
- Follow @justamamma and @miamae on Instagram AND / OR
- Like @justamamma and @miamae on Facebook. (Doing both means you’ll get 2 entries.)
- For an extra entry SIGN UP to our monthly newsletter, (see the little subscription box below) – I promise not to spam your email or bore you to death, it’s just my way of keeping in touch and letting you know what’s new. If you have already subscribed, you’ve already gained a bonus entry to this giveaway.
Feel free to SHARE this post with all your #girlmom friends too.
Good luck ladies!
- Only entries via Instagram, Facebook and comments left below will be considered.
- Instagram and Facebook is in no way responsible or associated with this giveaway.
- You need to follow both @justamamma and @miamae on Instagram and / or Facebook to qualify.
- Competition only open to South African residents residing in South Africa.
- Winner must be 18+ years old.
- Competition closes on the 9th of March 2018.
- The winner is picked at random and announced on the 12th of March 2018.
- This prize is not exchangeable or refundable.
- Please enter valid email and contact info. If we can not get hold of you within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.
- The greatest care will be taken when mailing your prize but Just a Mamma and Mia Mae do not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged goods.
PHOTO CREDIT | Anje-Ilana Nel from Madison & West