It’s Monday and with Father’s day this Sunday it’s time to give credit where credit is due. I’m talking about all the incredible fathers, doing their part in raising their kids. The men we call the great loves of our lives, the ones that stick with us – raging hormones, stretch marks, loose belly skin, saggy breasts and all! It’s time to celebrate dads and (our Mr. Perfect too).
First however, confession time…
Are you a parent to your kids AND your partner? A helicopter mom to dad? Telling him how to hold baby, sooth baby, feed baby and even exactly what to dress baby in… Have you heard yourself saying “she will like it better if…”, “it’s easier if you…”, “do it like this…” and the popular “just let me do it.” I’ve been caught parenting my partner on more than one occasion and bless Mr.Perfect’s heart, he always listens. Never questioning or correcting me even when I’m sure I’ve gotten worse with every member of our growing family. My motherly obsession with establishing routine, striving for unaccomplishable perfection and just keeping everyone happy actually robs my husband from being the amazing dad God intended him to be.
With every mother a father is also born…
I wasn’t the only one destined for greatness. Our girls didn’t just unlock my true self. They’ve also changed the boy I married into a man, a father and someone that knows how to be a fantastic parent. It may not have been intentional and actually done in kindness but I’ve come to realise my mistake.
Dads are incredible and have their own special magic that we moms simply cannot master.
They have some mad skills and innovative approaches to parenting that deserves to be embraced and celebrated because trying to parent your partner, while parenting your kids is exhausting. This Father’s Day I’m standing back thanking all the Daddios for all the things we Mommas simply cannot do.
A few reasons to celebrate dads:
So, let the fathers, father!
Together with Lullaby rock we are celebrating all the Daddios!
We teamed up with Mr. Perfect’s all time favourite kids brand, Lullaby Rock Apparel and together we want to spoil one dad and his kid(s) with an awesome Daddio tee AND a R1000 online voucher to spend on his kiddo(s). How rocking is that?
How to enter:
- Please leave a comment below sharing a little something about the Daddio to your kiddos.
- Follow @justamamma and @lullaby_Rock_Apparel on Instagram AND / OR
- Like @justamamma and @lullabyrockclothing on Facebook.
Doing all 3 means you’ll get 3 entries into this awesome giveaway!
Feel free to SHARE this post with all your Momma friends too.
Good luck and Happy Father’s Day.
- Only entries via Instagram, Facebook and comments left below will be considered.
- Instagram and Facebook is in no way responsible or associated with this giveaway.
- You need to follow both @justamamma and @lullaby_rock_apparel on Instagram and / or Facebook to qualify.
- Competition only open to South African residents residing in South Africa.
- Winner must be 18+ years old.
- Competition closes on the 16th of June 2018.
- The winner is picked at random and announced on the 17th of June 2018.
- This prize is not exchangeable or refundable.
- Please enter valid email and contact info. If we can not get hold of you within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.
- The greatest care will be taken when mailing your prize but Just a Mamma and Lullaby Rock Apparel do not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged goods.
Shout-out to Burger Bistro, Hazelwood for letting us use their cool space to have a fun pre-Father’s Day lunch to celebrate dads. Hands-down the BEST burgers and milkshakes in town and with Pac Man ready to play… You can expect us back soon.
Shop all of our looks online at LullabyRock.com
PHOTO CREDIT | Anje-Ilana van Dalen from Madison and West.
Helpful info: The girls were dressed from head to toe in Lullaby Rock Apparel. Dadio and Momma raglan tees also by Lullaby Rock Apparel. Ava and Lia’s pretty pink shoes are from Shooshoos. Eliana’s sneakers are from mrp.com